Sunday, December 16, 2012

Grey



The ripples of the water tell a different tale.
I'm led to believe that life is like a fairy tale.
Full of happy endings, to start a new beginning.
Why did it happen this way?

The faded pages of this old book are so new to me.
So I take this pen and make it what I want to be.
Take my final bow, to set a new course now.
Why did it happen this way?

[Because the choices I've made, led me down this road.
And the choices I've made are grey.
There's no yes or no in my life anymore.
And its all by the choices I've made.]


So I take a breath and try to see it through your eyes.
But the truth is always clouded by so many lies.
Life's so complicated, I'm feeling suffocated.
Why did it happen this way?

And when others tell me they have life all figured out.
I just laugh and ask them what about when you have doubts.

No comments:

Post a Comment