Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happiness By the Kilowatt

Happiness.
Something I have been considering a lot lately.
Defined numerous ways by many. No one true definition. I suppose what makes you happy is what helps you to enjoy life. Joy and happiness, two in one. Recently, I was given a definition that I can't stop thinking about. I am not sure why it has, as there is no real context to it for me. Perhaps it was a mistake to know this information, perhaps not. What it did make me do was realize something. Something extremely important that I have slowly been seeing over the past few months. You define your own happiness. Simple right? But what I think happens is that we get so consumed, so overwhelmed with trying to chase this, what we think is "happiness" we lose sight of what we have, the things we have that make us happy.
Within this encounter, this interaction I learned another thing. It seems as if there is still that wall that exists. Obviously uncomfortable which is completely understandable. In fact for it not to be would worry me. But with these ramblings, these notes to ourselves, we reveal more and more that we want to say, but never will.
Cliches.... don't really like them, but they always seem to apply.... enjoy the simple things in life.

"So this is continuous happiness
You know, I always
Imagined it something more
With the right drapes, the right paints
The right frames, this could really work."

1 comment: